INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Common Sense...

Now you would tend to think that it would be something that everyone has, but that's really not the case. When the kids gather in front of my house to wait for the school bus I just shake my head. Keep in mind it's like MINUS 15º or worse at that time in the morning. There's one girl that's around my daughter Hannah's age (12 or 13) I see her every morning-no coat, no hat, no gloves, not even a scarf. She's out there with a thin spring/summer type sweater and wet hair and to top it off...flip flops. I am so tempted to knock on her parents door and ask them "do you not have a coat for this child? Are you aware of how cold it is outside this morning?" I'm constantly seeing people inadequately dressed for the weather out here. I suppose it's those same people that are walking around sporting a serious sunburn you've seen them, they're a bright boiled lobster red in the summer - those are the ones that never use sunscreen. My next HOA newsletter will have something about dressing properly for the weather. Some days I just feel like a mother hen.

No comments: