INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, January 07, 2008

Just grin and bear it...

Lets face it, we all know someone who tends to be overly dramatic...that what ever is going on in their life is oh so much "more" than what anyone else could possibly have going on in their own lives. Lucky me, I know a handful of such people. My wish is that these people will wake up and realize that they lead real every day kind of lives - not day time dramas.

One woman in particular just grates on my last nerve...if she isn't hinting to me at how much more Christian she is than I am then she's bad mouthing her husband. Not once have I ever heard a nice word come from her mouth how she is thankful for the life she has, for the fact that she and her family want for nothing. What she does do is to announce to anyone within earshot at our after mass gathering in the church annex is how disappointed she is in her family, neighbors or the squadron spouses group. Each week it's something else....something dramatic that's happened (or at least in her mind it's dramatic).

So, are you wondering why I mentioned this today? Well, we all have someone like this in our lives and there's no getting past people like this. And how does one deal with such a person? It's simple, just smile and bear it. It's one of those things that are just unavoidable so while you're listening to the person's diatribe about what ever that dramatic event of the week is... just be sure to give thanks the Lord that you lead a good life, that you are you and not this person that is obviously unhappy.

2 comments:

Joni said...

I know how you feel. There is one person that comes to mind when you say that. Anyway, you posted on my blog so I thought I would check out yours. Your scrapbooking pages are awesome. I love to scrapbook, but due to time I haven't done it in a year. Hopefully, this year I will get back into it!

Sandie said...

I'm getting back into the scrappin' groove. I need to start posting pictures of my layouts again.