INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, January 27, 2008

My One Word for 2008

I've been meaning to do this ever since January 1st, to find the One Word that will sum up my goals for 2008. There's a lot to be said about the word I've chosen and why I chose it. For me the word is "Happiness". My goal is to find happiness in everything.... from the people I'm with to the daily tasks that I do to maintain my home. To find the happiness in my heart every day.

You see, a situation had occurred that had left me feeling very unsettled last November and ever since then I have not had the same feeling about the person or myself. The situation that had occurred between myself and my friend left me with a feeling of resentment and profound sadness. It had hurt me deeply and left me unable to be happy for quite a while. I found myself being cynical and feeling resentful- two traits that truly are not me at all! I have a lot of unhappy events to tend to this year... my husband will in all likelihood be going away on a very long deployment, most of my girlfriends (the ones I'm closest to) are moving far away and I'm living in a part of the country that's not close to anything. So for me the word "Happiness" is about getting back on track to find the joy in everything and everyone. To bloom where I am planted.

What's your ONE WORD??? If you've found it and put it on your blog please let me know so I can read it :-)

No comments: