INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snow Drifts

With my quote of the day setting the pace for how the rest of my day will be...here I am making phone calls about getting the roads plowed in our subdivision. As 2 of our neighbors got stuck in the snow drifts in front of our home, my gallant husband without hesitation went and helped to dig them both out. I've not yet had my phone calls returned and I'll be calling again if I don't hear back soon.

I had planned to go to lunch with some girlfriends today but that just might not happen since there are 3 rather large snow drifts on my street that I can see from the front room window up the the corner. I am not in the mood to be out in the freezing cold weather digging myself out of a snow drift. It was bad enough digging out the front porch from that rather large snow drift, I have no intentions of making myself miserable by being knee high in a snow drift with a shovel. It's -15º with the wind-chill, brrr!

When it's this bitterly cold only one thing hits the spot and it's... home made SOUP! And with my Winter 2008 issue of Cooks Illustrated in hand and what's this issue all about? "Soups & Stews", how perfect! I'm going to be making something super yummy for dinner tonight!

No comments: