INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, January 21, 2008

Crafting...

Through my daughter I'm reliving parts of my own childhood (the good parts). She has me on a "crafting" project that she designed...what it is you wonder? I'm embroidering on her jeans. I bought her a fabric marker a couple of weeks ago and she's had this "idea" for at least a week longer than she had the pen. So she drew on her pants and said that she wanted to "stitch" on her pants. Well me being her Mom and knowing fully that her talents at stitchery are not as developed as my own (she can do cross stitch & back stitch and that's about it), well I know that this was her attempt to sucker me in to doing it for her, LOL! I'm going to buy her a pair of pants that are a size larger than what she is currently wearing, working on those pants of hers with those skinny legs was murder! I need to run out to Hobby Lobby this morning to get more more embroidery floss and some other crafting items. The weather is the only thing holding me back...with the wind chill it's something insane like -23º. But I am determined and my kid mobile is parked in a garage sheltering it from the bitter cold (not to mention we have heated seats for all 4 of us).

I've got other crafting ideas going on in my head right now too! I want to play with my newest crafting toy- The Cricut Design Studio. I'll have to see if I can nudge my husband off of the computer so I can play on it :-) When all 4 of us are home, I'm the one who gets the boot from the computer - hence there being no post here on my blog yesterday.

I try to do some sort of crafting every week and it might not always be scrapbooking, stamping or card making. My first passion was sewing and quilting...that started when I was in the 3rd grade. You see my Mom could design skirts and blouses out of thin air and my Grammy Lola made these quaint little lap quilts from scraps of fabric. My first sewing projects were not clothing projects but rather crafting projects. I made stuffed animals- I remember making an Owl, Mouse and a Teddy Bear that are still at my parents house in a box in my old bedroom. My first quilting project is in the closet of my old bedroom too. I want to help Hannah with her crafting and for her to get as much enjoyment out of it as I do. I've decided that I want to get myself a serger. I do a lot more "craft" type sewing than I do of clothing type sewing and a serger would be great for making table clothes, table runners, place mats and of course my favorite - cloth napkins. One of my passions is making window treatments. I have made them for the various seasons. Although I do not have one made for Valentines Day (never was able to find the right fabric). With my sewing machine on it's way to it's new home (I just checked on the U{S tracking site and it's currently in Illinois) it's making me anxious to get started on sewing projects galore!

Now for me to get my husband and children up and ready to go out into the cold...to get out of this house and off to the mall!

No comments: