INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, January 28, 2008

the going out of business sale

Yesterday afternoon I called up my girlfriend Kim and asked her if she'd like to go to see what is left at the scrapbooking store in the mall that's going out of business. So we went...I was able to get some patterned papers and some other little odds and ends. A couple of storage items, a feather boa (that's just for fun) and of course some Prima and Bazzill flowers. Kim was able to get oodles of great papers and embellishments too! I think that we spent as much at this going out of business sale as we did at the one last year, LOL!


Kim and I are both rather bummed at the idea that we've only got Hobby Lobby and one other store that has individual pieces of cardstock for sale. I don't see this as a good thing what so ever! These are places that have employees who stock shelves and nothing more. There's no one to help you pick out colors or patterns of papers to help you make a "good purchase" so you can go home happy with knowing you're going to be able to put together a great layout. There's no one who knows the scrapbooking stock off the top of their head, nor can they tell you about the different companies, what they're coming out with and so forth. Scrapbookers here are left to their own devices. Thank the Lord for some of the BEST on-line sources for inspiration and help...places like 3 Scrappy Boys , 2 Peas and Blueprint Sketches. I hope that you will check out all 3 places/links as I have found them all to be great sources of inspiration and I feel that they can be for you as well.

Other scrapbooking news...it's going to be March 2009 until our Archivers opens up...be still my heart!

No comments: