INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ringing in the New Year with HGTV

It's the last day of winter break, a sad day for school aged children in our area to be sure. With this thought in mind I better wake my son - the days of sleeping in until 12 noon are now officially over.

The last few remnants of Christmas are being put away. Even my Christmas dishes and table linens are being packed up and put away for another year of hibernation. We'll soon be moving on to the next holiday... Valentines Day.

Yesterday Hannah and I watched some great programs on HGTV. I love to watch kitchen and bathroom remodels, they give me such great ideas as to what to do with my own house. Some bathrooms have obvious flaws that can be remedied with little cosmetic fixes such as a new shower curtain, some pretty hand towels, a nice bath rug and a fresh coat of paint. Others new a major overhaul and have to get all of that PLUS - new faucets for the sink and tub, a new shower head, new bathroom mirror and even things like a new toilet and sink with counter top. After watching those shows, I want to paint our upstairs guest bathroom. Okay so I've been wanting to paint it for quite some time but now I'm really itching to paint it! There's a list of things that I want to do to the kids bathroom that's down stairs...add in a mirrored bathroom cabinet and a cupboard over the commode. I plan on getting these done before my husband leaves on a deployment. I want us to do the work because it'll be s small fortune if I have to hire a contractor. We're more than capable to getting this kind of work done- Lucien added in a mirrored cabinet in our master bathroom and we put in the cabinets in the laundry room and scrapbook nook. So getting the kids bathroom done up should be small potatoes as compared to what we've already done in this house. I'm also going to paint the master bathroom- it'll be the same color that we painted the master bedroom. I know that my husband isn't to thrilled at painting small spaces, but I'm ready to get it done!

From watching HGTV I've gotten some terrific ideas with what I want to do for a back splash in the kitchen. The kitchen remodels I saw were phenomenal! Changing out cabinets, light fixtures, knobs and updating the appliances...little things that added up to a huge resale price. I'm so glad that I went with stainless appliances in this house! Then factor in the upgrades we've done to just the kitchen area...and I know that when it comes time for us to sell the house that we're not going to have any problems what so ever! I'm also VERY glad that I didn't go with wood flooring in the kitchen- apparently it's exactly what I thought it was...too much wood in a confined space. Hopefully I can have real tile in my next kitchen and not vinyl flooring that looks like tile.

No comments: