INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Years Resolution...no clutter!

Why is it that my reorganization projects take on a life of their own? I started going through the Armoiré "again", pulling out items that I want to store away. I've done this 3 times in the past week- pulled things out, rearranged them and am doing it all over again. If you're wondering why I do this, it's because I like to have things that I use within an arms reach. My darling husband built the Armoiré (while we were stationed in Virginia) to house my crafting and scrapbooking supplies. With our move to South Dakota and living in the little cottage on the prairie (aka base housing) the Armoiré also had to house "other" every day items, such as table linens, school supplies, dishes and bake-ware. My husband was an angel and built me many little storage nooks and a display area in the dining room of our base house (which we did not have to take down when we left). But that display area held all of my Fiesta-ware tea cups & saucers and all of my China teapots. Here at this house I have no such display area so it's been stored inside of the armoiré. I'm going to pack them up and store them until I can properly display them. I'm very lucky to have a craft room and that the armoiré is not needed to house my crafting items. I would like another place to store my finished scrapbook albums, but that's an issue that can be addressed later.

For now I need storage space inside of the armoiré for items that we use for entertaining; such as my extra bake-ware, cake plates and platters, various kinds of bowls, wine glasses and of course our formal dinnerware. Maybe if I didn't have such a hang up about serving our guests frozen prepared foods from Sam's Club on paper plates bought in bulk I wouldn't have this problem. But alas that's not me, I like to make things from scratch and serve our guests on real plates. So I need to figure out a better storage solution. Basically it's packing up all of the items that I am currently unable to display and putting them into storage. I'm going to get a couple of those heavy duty dish pack boxes along with some packing paper this week and start on that project. If I don't do that then It will start to make me crazy as I hate to open up a cabinet and have a mess looking back at me. So I suppose in a way I do have a New Years Resolution, it's to have No Clutter! Okay just the house, it's doesn't mean my scrapbook nook has to be clutter free all of the time- just free of stuff I don't use:-) To have a clean streamlined home, with a place for everything and everything in it's place...that's my goal for 2008!

No comments: