INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, January 18, 2008

It's called Winter

Holy Catfish Batman, it is C-O-L-D outside! There's something to be said about sending your children off to school when it's 9º and the wind-chill factor makes it -9º (yes that is what you think it is...minus nine degrees). I remember one day in particular while living in Maine... I couldn't take being cooped up in the house any more...I bundled up and bundled up our baby boy and we went out for a drive in the car it was -57º with the wind-chill. Snow was piled high every where (up to roof tops in some places) but the roads were plowed and clear of any snow and ice build up. The roads there in Limestone, Caribou and Presque Isle were safer to drive on that they are here in Box Elder and Rapid City - go figure. Part of me misses days like that and other parts are glad that they are behind me, LOL!

The winds just howl through this part if the country, making it feel even colder outside than the thermometer says it is. It's the perfect weather to get crafty and have fun. I sent an invitation to my friend Kim...if she's not busy to come over and make a craft together and have lunch.

No comments: