INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, April 28, 2008

Be Creative Every Day!

In reference to my quote of the day I AM a Science Geek to be sure BUT I have this creative side that can not be turned off or tuned out. I enjoy being creative, it's as if I always need to be doing something with my hands and brain :-) Be it creating something in the kitchen, in the garden or in my scrapbook nook I keep myself continuously busy.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather, when I can be out in my future flower garden. I want it to be swimming in flowers! Gardenias, Lilacs, Hydrangeas, Azaleas, Peonies, Hibiscus and of course more roses!

So here I am with some new quilting ideas and fabric to work with- this turquoise and brown batik will make an awesome quilt for Andrew, I've got a fantastic pattern to work with and now all I have to get is some turquoise watermark batik fabric for an accent color to use as the binding.


This next couple of photo's are what I made for Kim's baby shower...here you see the baby card (the stamps are from Stampin Up). And next you see the lattice baby quilt done with pink, green and yellow....I adore that daisy fabric! I used pink with white dots fabric for the back of the quilt. It was a huge hit at the baby shower :-) Now for me to get with it and finish sewing on the binding so Kim can have it back.



2 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabrics for Andrew. :)
And the baby quilt is awesome! You rock!

Sandie said...

Thanks! Believe it or not...but I found those beautiful batik fabrics at of all places- Wal-Mart! I kid you not, I really did find them at Wal-Mart and at half the price that I expected them to be at too! I will have to go to one of the quilt fabric shops to get some turquoise and some brown batik fabrics for the accents. I decided that I didn't like the plain brown that I bought...after all, isn't it a woman's prerogative to change her mind :-)