INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, April 11, 2008

Signs

I think that the Lord talks to us in ways that make us stop and listen- sometimes the way the Lord speaks to us is not so much with words but with any means he deems necessary to get his point across to us. I think that my constantly hurting foot was one of those signs telling me to slow down...I didn't listen and now I'm going to be having surgery- again I see this as a sign for the Lord that he wants me to take a break from things and to stay at HOME :) I'm supposed to put my feet up and take it easy. Once my foot surgery takes place I have to stay off of my foot for at least 6 weeks. Talk about a challenge!

One of my favorite movies is "Signs", I know that some people deem this a horror Sci-Fi kind of movie but to me it speaks volumes on being able to see or read the signs that the Lord sends to us. To have faith, to know that we are not alone, that the Lord is always with us.

My having to "stay off of my feet" is putting a damper on my volunteering over at the base Thrift Shop. I have thought long and hard about applying for the manager position but now with my upcoming foot surgery, well that just doesn't make sense for me to apply for a job that I'll have to take 6 weeks off from in the near future. I do hope that others apply for the position. As far as I know, I was the only one to show any real interest in it...and now I'm forced to rescind any interests I might have had in working as a paid manager.

I know that the Lord is with me and he's helping me to be the best person I can be. It's because of him that I've taken up quilting. Last night as I was taking out a few incorrectly placed stitches in my latest project I realized what it was that had drawn me to quilting.... It the fact that I'm putting a part of myself into each quilt I make. I like to think that I'm putting my heart and my love into something that will be wrapped around my friends and family, that I'll be with them no matter where they are in the world.

No comments: