INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Scrappers Block

It's early, way too early for me to be up and awake on a Sunday morning. So here I am with my faithful kitty and a steamy hot mug of coffee in my favorite pink mug. I'm contemplating the day...what I'll do after church.

If you all haven't figured it out yet...I've got scrappers block. I've had it for a couple of months now. I've got these great pictures from our cruise (even had them printed) and nothing. I've got a layout sketched and I know what I want to do for a title and so forth but alas, that's as far as I've gotten with that bundle of pictures.

Quilting on the other hand...Holy Catfish Batman! I've taken off with it and there's no turning back! I've gone and quilted two table runners yesterday, hand sewn the binding on one and am half way through sewing the other binding on. One of the draw backs of hand sewing...oh is my right middle finger is ever sore for being poked with the quilting needle! Obviously I should be using a thimble, LOL!

I had recently bought a few quilting magazines in my quest for more knowledge of the craft/hobby. One of the table runners I made came out of the "Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting- Easy Quilts" summer 2008 issue. The project that I chose is called "Paisley on Point- table runner". I liked the pattern but the colors and such that was used on the project although were pretty they were not to my personal tastes- not to mention that I didn't want to be on a treasure hunt of sorts trying to find those fabrics (this is so very much like trying to copy a scrapbooking layout). The really funny part with this is that I had bought the fabric for this project while my m-i-l was here and I thought that I liked it all...I did buy 2 different fat quarter prints for the "cream" colored sections and would make my final selection at home. The funny part is that I ended up not using either one, instead I went with a piece of fabric that I bought at the so called discount fabric store. Although I saw no real discounts on any fabric in the place I still managed to spend $30 there on a few choice pieces of fabric, LOL! Okay so no real true money saving bargains BUT there was a HUGE selection of beautiful fabrics to be found! Okay back to my project...I found 2 out of this world floral fabrics at this store, and I bought them! I ended up using both of them to make table runners. I am in love with how they both turned out! I showed you one of the fabrics (see my Tuesday April 8th post) and the project I made using that fabric (it's now quilted with the binding on). Flowers are my thing, always have been always will be!

My m-i-l went home on Wednesday and that's when I got to work on my 2nd table runner. It too was a challenge for me, I've never worked a project like this, on point process was new to me, the working with triangles was the biggest challenge and getting the points to match up and adding borders... well needless to say my trusty seam ripper proved to be a most handy tool! But I made ti through the process and am proud to say that I'm nearly done sewing on the binding! Look for a picture later on today or tomorrow of my latest little quilting project!

No comments: