INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Touring the quilting stores in my area...

Since my mother-in-law's arrival, we've gone out to visit a different quilt shop every single day! I've taken her to Spearfish to see the little quilting store up there. They've got a great selection of Batik Fabric- I'm going to place a phone order in the the next few days as it's a 110 mile round trip and it would cost me more in gas than postage, LOL!

Yesterday we drove up to Hill City to visit the original Quilt Corral- LOVE that store! I really enjoy the way she has her bolts of fabrics and fat quarters arranged. It made perfect sense to have the fat quarters in little cubbies right underneath the bolts of fabric in which they were cut from. The way she arranged her fabric made total sense too (it's the way I arrange my scrapbooking supplies) in a rainbow. Beige with beige, pink with pink and so forth. None of this- oh here's a grouping of blue and yellow, here's some Americana, here's something else and so forth. It made t easy to find what I was looking for. Will I go back there? Oh yeah!

No comments: