INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, April 27, 2008

going Hawaiian

The baby shower for my friend Kim was a crack up! Hawaiian was the theme and the company made it great. I had a friend ask me afterwards if everything was okay as I left before everyone else did...you see, my foot was hurting something terrible. After being there over 2 hours I just wanted to get home and take a stronger pain killer.

Back to the baby shower...it was so refreshing to see the out pour of love and friendship we all have for Kim. It was a great assortment of gifts from the heart from our small group of friends. This was NOT one of those blow out type of baby showers that looked as if someone just broke into a baby boutique and a toy store and took everything off of the shelves and placed it in front of the new Mom to be. This was a small and intimate yet very fun gathering of close friends. The Hawaiian theme was perfect for our bitterly cold, windy soon to be very nasty winter weather. Somehow I don't think that Kim will miss this kind of weather once she gets to Hawaii ( I know I wouldn't). I've got a little bit more work to do on her baby quilt so I can give it to her for keeps. There's nothing like showing a partially done quilt at a baby shower to tease your friend with. :-)

No comments: