INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I just want to get tonight over with!

Tonight is my last function/program as Programs Director- and it's been my hardest one to pull off! Originally there was another person helping me to put together this program and I found out at the last minute that she did nothing what so ever and left me holding the bag (so to speak). That left me doing a lot of last minute scrambling to pull this off.

The Make Over function is the one program that just about all of our OSC members look forward to attending every year. But this year it wasn't to be as years past. Competition for attendance being - Blue Man Group is in town playing a concert that same night. This one I feel, was doomed from the word "go". It has been an uphill battle to get this function off of the ground, from getting OSC members to volunteering to have makeovers (free haircuts and make-up done by professionals) - I only needed 4 and was able to get "2" after sending 3 e-mails begging for participants. Then I find out that our cosmetics ladies can't make it- but they can do the make up at the store before the event. Then the woman who was supposed to do the hair can't, which made have to find another hair stylist at the last minute- ugh! I'm not sure if we'll be getting the goody bags that the cosmetics ladies put together for our group, I'm not sure if we'll have a door prize, I'm not sure of a lot of things for tonight's program. I think I'm developing an ulcer. If it wasn't for my dear friend Kim, this entire night would be in the crapper.

I'll be there wearing Crocs with my beautiful skirt and sweater set. I'll feel like a total idiot, but alas what else am I to do? I have to attend the function and I can't wear any other shoes because of my intense foot pain. Damn, this sucks!

No comments: