INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Quilting- my newest hobby aka obsession

I did it, I sent in my application to join the Black Hills Quilters Guild. I'm excited about my new venture into the realm of quilting. I see the Quilters Guild as another opportunity to make new friends, to learn new things and a way to be a part of something that does a service to our community.

I've also decided that I want to purchase a 2nd sewing machine. After reading many articles on the subject and realizing the other day how handy a 2nd one would be...I've made up my mind on the matter! I want to have a 2nd one for many reasons- First off it would be nice to have a 2nd one to take to classes and quilting workshops (leaving the nicer one at home). Secondly, It would be nice to have it set up just for straight stitches when my HT is set up for quilting and Thirdly, it would be a great to have a 2nd machine so I can teach Hannah how to sew (without her messing up my good one). I know that Hannah would love to take some sewing classes and beginner quilting classes, and having a machine that's going to be our tote around "class taking" machine will be good for both of us. I've decided to get another Janome brand sewing machine as the sewing feet will be interchangeable and for me, the needle threader and drop in bobbin system is a MUST! Now for me to break the news to my husband...this will really make him roll his eyes!

No comments: