INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My latest quilting project

After a trip to yet another local (and yet new to me) fabric store yesterday , I found myself feeling rather inspired to create something. I loved the huge selection on fabrics that this store had to offer. I found this printed fabric and knew right away that I wanted to make something with it. The floral pattern just spoke to me.


Here you see what I made...my m-i-l bought this pattern at the Quilt Corral quilt shop in Hill City. I thought that I would "whip one out" before she left with her pattern (insert small chuckle here). I've not sandwiched this yet, but I do have the binding made and ready to be sewn on after I do the actual quilt work on the table runner. The colors and the pattern of this fabric are amazing! It reminds me greatly of scrapbooking paper...no wonder why I love quilting so much :-) The binding is the same floral pattern so table runner will look more uniform. The snow was blowing sideways yesterday while I was cutting and sewing this table runner together. It made me feel warm and cozy to create something that reminds me of bright sunshine filled days.

So... if it's a snow filled day where you are...pull out something to work on that reminds you of warmer days filled with the warmth of the sun :-)

No comments: