INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fabric on the brain

I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. So there I was, in blissful sleep dreaming about what? Fabric! But not just any fabric, I was dreaming about batik fabric and creating a lap quilt for my boy. Dreaming about patterns and colors of batik fabric and which quilt pattern I'd use in creating something for him. Then I thought about some fabric I saw at a local quilt store that was on their clearance table (it's probably no longer there). It was marked to down to $5 a yard and I'd need at least 4 yards of it to create a twin Christmas Quilt. I think that paying $5 a yard is a lot more reasonable than paying $10 a yard, don't you?

Yesterday's freaky snow storm threw me through a loop. The air was cold, but then the sky just turned black and the wind picked up and was howling- suddenly everything was plastered with snow-it was blowing sideways. The snow had stuck to everything, the ground was covered everything was white. This is one of the reasons it scares me to live out here- bad weather can whip up fast!

No comments: