INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It's the little things...

that are after all the things that really matter most. Take for instance my foot pain- saw the Podiatrist this morning and since the other medications aren't working I'm now going to be having surgery on my foot. Am I excited? not really, but I did have an inkling that I would wind up with foot surgery. So now a referral for surgery has been submitted to my health insurance company and now to wait for approval then once that happens then we set a surgery date.

My m-i-l left this afternoon to fly back home. I'm kind of sad to see her go, as I've truly enjoyed her company this past week. She promised me to start working on her quilted table runner project (it's the same pattern that I made the other day). I'm anxious to see how long it takes her to get it done. Now that I'm thinking about it, gosh I wish that I would have sent her off with a piece of batting for the middle! It just dawned on me that we didn't buy any quilt batting- sheesh!

It's seriously WINDY today! And the rain is just pounding!

After my doctor appointment I took Bette to Hancock Fabrics (the last fabric store on my list). She bought some fat quarters and a couple of other sewing supply items. Myself, I bought a spool of thread, some blue fabric for making some bindings and some muslin for backing my table runner. Now I'm ready to get working on my little project and finish it up so I can use it on our dining table :-) It started pouring rain while we were in the fabric store, by the time we got out of there is was really coming down hard! I was soaked to the skin and feeling like a duck by the time we got to the car.

So we come home to find that the Water Main has once again been ruptured- nice! Again it's at the front end of our subdivision (seems that's where it always bursts). This time it was the power company's fault...my question is this- don't they pay attention to where things are located underground? I made a couple of phone calls and was told that it's supposed to be fixed within a few hours...it's now 5½ hours later and still no water, hmmm. Thank goodness that I have some bottled water here -which reminds me, I'm going to stock up on some more tomorrow.

No comments: