INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Can I have a cortisone injection? Please?

I made and appointment and was seen AGAIN for my elbow- the one I injured by putting up one of those nifty wall rub-ons, LOL! Well this new doctor actually listened to me. To make a long story short I received an injection of cortisone and lytocaine in the area and I'm here to say that it is WORKING! It's been a few hours since my appointment and still no sharp pains, WooHoo! This is what I asked for last month and what did I get? A wild goose chase around Rapid City looking for an elbow brace and a prescription for 800 milligrams of Motrin to be taken 3x's a day UGH! Besides getting blocked up, having my hair shed more than usual and causing me some serious discomfort when the tablets would get stuck in my throat, the Motrin did nothing for the pain in my elbow area {sigh}. So for today, I'm curled up in my recliner reading some quilting patterns plus on the doctors recommendation I have a heating pad wrapped around my elbow. Add a hot mug of tea and an almond poppy seed muffin to my reading nook and I'm set!

No comments: