INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm enjoying being Me

There are days when I feel as if there's nothing that I'm unable to accomplish and then there are days where all I want to do is to kick back and relax with a margarita in my hand and do nothing Ü I think of myself as a Martha Stewart type, wanting perfectionism in my home and in the things I do to make it a home. There's one small snag with that picture, it's that I don't have the funds or the entourage of people to help me pull it all off like Martha does...one day maybe, but for now it's just me.

My interests are all across the board- maybe it's the Gemini in me Ü, LOL! I enjoy being creative and making things and try to do something creative everyday. I see my stash of fabrics growing- even after I said I would try to curb my fabric shopping....but those clearance sales have been awesome! I mean, who can resist fabric that was $10 on clearance from $5 all the way down to $1.00 a yard? I mean come on...$1.00 a yard NO ONE can pass that up! I have some awesome fabrics to use as quilt backings and bindings...heck even for the quilt top. But the backing is where it gets really expensive since you need on average 6 yards of the stuff for a twin. And at $10 a yard, well you see why I bought the cool looking fabric at $5 all the way down to $1 per yard right?

Quilting is very much like scrapbooking, there are those folks that are always looking for the latest and greatest in products- be it fabrics, notions or tools.
Myself, I've not gotten into the "need" for the latest of anything. I'm happy with what tools I have and am loving all of the different fabric colors and prints. My thing is thread, LOL! I seem to go through tons of it!

Now I'm off to finish up putting together the backing for one of my quilts.

No comments: