INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, November 03, 2008

my quilting projects

Now for some narration on these pictures...This crumpled heap of fabric is Hannah's quilt top, well a good portion of it anyway. next is the ironing board with strips of fabric that is to be the border fabric on Hannah's quilt top. On the stair railing behind the ironing board you see fabric that will be used for making some Christmas themed table runners.

The crumpled heap aka Hannah's quilt top


a little piece that Hannah put together for a pillow top, pretty cute stuff! Now for me to sew it all together and make said quilted pillow top.

Here's the fabric when I had the strips sewn together to make blocks and the blocks to make the larger strips that would eventually become the quilt top. This was VERY time consuming. And of course the seam ripper was my best friend on this project too.











My latest Autumn themed table runner...have you noticed the way I quilted it? Look closer at the pumpkin fabric. I'm getting more adventurous with the quilting process. I'm branching out from quilting in the ditch to making actual designs.



The chicken you see here is something that my Grandmother gave me over 25 years ago, and heaven only knows how long my Grandmother had it before she gave it to me. My mom says that Grammy had ever since she's known her and well that being as old as I am makes it at least 46 years maybe even older. That glass chicken is one of my favorite pieces of glassware.



As you know, Halloween is a big thing here at our house. This is the Halloween table runner that I made for the Buffet. This pattern was my own design and I'm VERY pleased with how it turned out. I even painted that cute ceramic pumpkin you see there in the middle (I did it at a local paint it yours pottery place a couple years ago).

No comments: