INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, November 22, 2008

shopping locally

So you all know that there are times when I feel as if I live in a bubble when it comes to shopping and finding things that I'm looking for. I'm here to tell you about the local places that I enjoy shopping at, where customer service is at it's best and the products that are sold are simply delightful!



One would never think of a place that sews on military patches as a unique little shop. Well I'm here to tell you that "Angelique's Sewing and Alterations" in Box Elder sells this fantastic line of Goats Milk soaps and lotions. I've been using this soap exclusively for just about 8 weeks now and I love how it makes my skin feel. I first bought it for my daughter who is allergic to some of the additives in commercial soaps and I have to say that this stuff is fantastic! So good in fact, that if we ever move I'll continue to order it via on-line! want to order some? Click on this Nanny's Milk Soap it's lightly perfumed and it's hand made here in South Dakota, USA...what's not to like? I use it every day on my face and have noticed a difference in how my skin looks and feels. It's a fantastic all over soap. Angelique even sells a foaming hand wash (liquid antibacterial hand soap),I use it in the kitchen and LOVE it! My hands actually feel clean and moisturized!

We have 3 bonafide Quilt Shops in Rapid City;

Thimble Cottage home of Pearl Louise designs

Quilt Corral too home of Gusty Geisha Designs

Quilt Connection etc the website is not up and working as they have just moved to a brand new location. New location is on Haines Avenue and it's a beautiful well lit store with plenty of parking! You should see all of the new quilting patterns and pattern books they have- OOh Whee! I had to hold myself back from spending any money- I could have spent at least $75 yesterday on patterns alone! Although that chicken pot holder pattern seems to be calling my name pretty loudly, I just might have to go back and get it!

Each of these quilt shops has unique fabrics & quilting patterns and I encourage you to shop locally as much as you can. Obviously there will be things that you just won't be able to find locally (like the Mary Engelbreit quilting stuff I bought on line). But there are oodles of things to catch your eye that will make excellent stocking stuffers! Am I on your Christmas list? LOL! Feel free to get me a gift certificate at any of those 3 quilt shops! Ü


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sandie,
Thanks for sharing these great stores.

Stamping Ideas With Peg said...

I agree with you on Bev's soaps!
They are so awesome. I love the foam soap and they all smell so good. She is such a sweet lady and a very, very hard worker!