INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, November 09, 2008

We've got Snow and lots of it too!

The snow was blinding and at times we were unable to see out of any window because of the ice that was covering them. A front loader came by yesterday and cleared the streets of snow drifts. I kind f wish that the person doing the snow removal would have piled the snow across the street with the rest of the snow- only so the kids could do more sledding. But alas he piled it on my corner garden are- the one that has 10 rose bushes and 3 three foot tall peony cages. Maybe it's just me, but kids don't like to sled on snow banks that contain metal pieces, thick sticks and thorny ones at that! The roses will survive the extra snow dumped on them, so will the other flowering plants. As I see (understand) and hear from a child's point of view "ah man, they wasted that snow" that was a reference to the snow being piled on the rose bushes. I look forward to seeing children playing in the snow in my front yard today :-)

The driveway is cleared of its thick coating of ice and supposedly it's safe to go out and about. But I'm not going anywhere unless I really need to. Heck I was out of dairy products (you know- Half & Half) and sent my husband out to do the grocery shopping. It's not that I'm afraid to drive since the storm, it's that I prefer to stay warm and comfortable at home, LOL!

No comments: