INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday and Sunday

Nothing much going on around here. Went to church, went to BX to pick up q-tips...like I said, nothing much going on around here today.

Now yesterday...I was a cooking and baking Queen yesterday! I made my ever so yummy BBQ pulled pork for BBQ pork sandwiches, seasoned potato wedges (my own secret recipe), fudge (2 different kinds- oh is there a story to go with that) and Monkey Bread from my latest issue of Cooks Illustrated. The Monkey Bread was to die for! I can't say that it was "quick" to make but it was easy to make. It's all that time the dough spends rising that makes it a long drawn out process. But the end result is delicious to say the least! I've been very pleased with every recipe I have made from Cooks Illustrated magazine! I highly recommend that magazine to anyone and everyone who loves to cook and even to those that don't Ü

When I get the cooking bug I get it bad! I can't seem to make just one thing, I've got to have at least 4 to 5 things going on simultaneously. I like to think of it as my own way of multi tasking. Meanwhile I had 4 packages of chicken breasts cooking on the grill (it was above freezing) as I was preparing the pork for it's first round of cooking in the crock pot and prepping the kitchen for making monkey bread. I made the fudge on a whim...too bad that recipe was missing a step and it seems as if I've made a thick chocolate fudge sauce and not thick brick of fudge. So hence I used a different recipe and this time it came out the was it was supposed to come out...like a brick of fudge, YUM! The other stuff has been in the refrigerator for 24 hours and still has not "set", yup, it's chocolate fudge sauce (we're going to try it on ice cream today). So much for the fudge recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens special Pink Edition cook book that I got a year or so ago. I'm going to write to BH&G and let them know that their fudge recipe is "missing" and ingredient or two.

I'm off to be a couch potato today...all of that grilled chicken was sliced up, packaged and frozen to be used in various recipes. I'll do some more mass grilling later on this week when we have more fine grilling weather! You can take the girl out of California but you can't take the California out of the girl- Oh how I love to Grill!!!

No comments: