INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

going to the long arm quilter

Another day filled with errands and things to get done. I've got to finish up the backings for my 2 twin sized quilts, get the batting measured out and have it all ready to go and take it over to the professional long arm quilter and have her stitch it all together. It's the moment I've been waiting for, it seems like it took for forever to get here too! Hannah and I went to the new location and I let Hannah pick out the quilting design/pattern that she wanted to be stitched on her quilt. It's going to be so seriously lovely! I knew what I wanted for the Americana quilt from the get go the all over swirls with stars- it's going to be cool!

The different designs that a long arm quilter can do on one of those machines is amazing! I was in awe of the entire set up. Is this something for me to consider doing in the future? Not on your life! Oh my gosh the long arm machine and frame take up a room the size of my family room- that thing is HUGE! I'll be more than happy to take my quilt tops to be stitched together by a long arm quilter. Ü Now I Did feel inspired while there- to do some more quilting and to try my hand at working with flannel. I really want to get on and make my strip quilt that I have planned- the one using pinks and browns Ü

Now to get with ironing and some sewing together of some very large pieces of fabric. And I need some more coffee...where's that mug gone off to?

No comments: