INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

moving on to better things...

No more political talk...that's for Susan's blog, LOL! I'm moving on to better things like crafting and making stuff for my home.

My order from Connecting threads has arrived! I'll be the first to say it, I'm a bit leery of buying fabric on-line, sight unseen ET all, considering my recent events or what I like to refer to as "my issues of late" with buying defective pieces locally, LOL! The fabric is beautiful and it's hand (that's what you call the "feel" or texture of the fabric) is right there with the $10 per yard fabrics. It's every bit the same quality as the $10 per yard quilting fabrics.

I've bought and now am going to test driving some of their exclusive thread line called "Essential Thread". The colors are lovely! And they will fill in color gaps where Gutterman, Robison-Anton, Mettler and Coats and Clark don't quite meet. I'm going to sew with this thread today and see if it casts off fuzz. There are thread colors that I buy from Coats and Clark only because they aren't available in the other lines- trust me if those colors were available in other brands, I would no longer use the fuzziest thread ever made by man! Little things like the all of the shades of gray are amazing! It's finding just the right shade of beige for the top stitching on a project which makes a come to life. The shades of beige are amazing too! Besides buying every neutral color they offered -at $1.99 for a 1200 yard spool, it was VERY affordable! I also bought some other colors- the Turkey Red is a beautiful warm crimson red, and the Moss green, it is what it is! Either of these colors would be perfect for the top stitching I want to do on my Christmas table runners.

I'm going to play with new thread, woohoo! And with weather like ours, playing indoors and doing something fun is #1 on my list of things to do today!

No comments: