INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, November 06, 2008

how to keep occupied during a blizzard

There are days (like today) where you can't go outside and there isn't much one can do that doesn't involve electricity. Our power was going off and on continuously for hours. So I decided to occupy myself in other ways. Since I couldn't use my sewing machine which bummed me out or even an Ott light (I use one when doing counted cross stitching or when reading a book) I decided to clean out and rearrange the pantry and rearrange my cookbooks. After a few hours and that chore was done. Then I started on other parts of my kitchen and WOW what a difference that made! I really got into cleaning and took everything out of the refrigerator and washed it down inside and out! My kitchen is sparking clean and everything in it's place!

I was talking with my in-laws this afternoon and they heard about our area being pummeled with snow. I let them know that it was all true and then some. If any house on my street was to catch fire there would be no way anyone could get to them in time because of the huge snow drifts covering the street. I'm waiting to see if school will be closed tomorrow or just delayed by a few hours. There's no way any kind of vehicle never mind a huge school can get down some of these streets. The wind is whipping up again and at least this time I've got the patio furniture and the grill secured. Those 60 mph winds were wreaking havoc yesterday with my patio furniture and I was determined to win that battle (and I did). You can't be married to an engineer as many years as I have without some of his ingenuity rubbing off on you, LOL!

OOOh I better hurry and get this posted as the lights are beginning to flicker...that means power outages-again!

No comments: