INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Christmas is on it's way...

With it being November ET all, I'm happy to say that I've got a good start on making the Christmas gifts I will give this year to my girlfriends, my m-i-l, s-i-l and even my own mother. My husband is one who always thinks that Christmas is some big show and tell...I on the other hand would like something a little more low key. It's not about what you buy for people, it's more that you think of them and show them that they are worth taking time for. Quilting, stamping, scrapbooking and baking are all ways in which we can take our time creating wonderful things with our hands and our hearts.

I plan on making my 2008 Christmas theme "From the Heart". Handmade items are the most thoughtful gifts one can give to a friend. The very thought of my friends thinking... "wow my friend (insert your name here) took a lot of time making this for me" fills me with joy. So off I got to sandwich those Holly table runners and to prepare to quilt them.

PS- I've sidelined 2 of my pumpkin themed table runners- the more I looked at them the more I really did not like the colors that I put together. I decided that I'm going to cut new ones and start over, I'll make a different pattern too. I finished one table runner yesterday and I like it very much- the other 2, just weren't doing it for me. Quilting is like any other craft...it's all a learning experience.

No comments: