INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, November 14, 2008

when friends divorce

No matter what, I can never get used to hearing the news of friends getting divorced. This week I was smacked with surprise over 2 different couples that we know that have gotten divorced and a 3rd couple is in the divorce process. The thought of my friends getting divorced has been giving me bad dreams this week and making me feel rather sad. One friend is getting remarried next spring/summer and wants us to attend the ceremony. On a personal level I have to say that I don't want to attend the wedding. To me, attending the wedding is like me giving approval of the divorce. I liked the ex-wife, she was/is a very nice person, but it's as if the guy is claiming us as "his" in the divorce and it makes me feel as if we're not allowed to be friends with the ex-wife, it's all rather sad if you ask me, very sad indeed.

The wind is blowing harder than ever today, 40 mph with gusts to 60mph-ugh! Try having long hair with that sort of weather, I dare ya! So it's braids today- I can only do a pony tail so many days in a row then it starts to get rather tiresome.

No comments: