INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Americana flag banner project

I've done nothing but talk about this thing all week long. here's a couple of pictures of the back side of it...so you can see what's been pushing my buttons all week.


As I had 2 the main pieces to put together...I thought that this would be the end of my having to take the seam ripper to it, alas I was wrong (oh so very wrong). I had to take the Canton off (the blue field with stars is called the Canton). And flip the stripes in hopes that the other side would line up and to my great surprise they did! Do you see all of those little squares? Those are the little devils that have been giving me stress all this week!



Here you see where I have pined this every quarter inch so it won't slip while I sew it together. Next comes the sandwiching of the quilt top, batting and the backing fabric. After that there's the actual quilting process of the item and then I'll need to attach the binding and the rod pocket for hanging.

2 comments:

Jo Power said...

Wow thats looking lovely. Love all the different colours of red.

Sandie said...

There are 20 different red fabrics and 20 differnt off white fabrics. So that was just the back side wait until you see the front!