INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, March 20, 2009

TGIF

My dear friend Theresa helped me to have a little less on my plate today as she asked a mutual friend if she could watch little Amelia-whew! Now I can get errands done w/o baby in tow. I'll be back to taking care of my little friend next week but today menu/schedule was just so hectic.

I'll be picking the kids up from school early today so they too can be there to witness their Dad coming back from his last flight on a B-1 bomber. That right there saddens me...to think that today will be that this will be the last time my husband flies. He's been flying for 20 years, needless to say I will be there with my camera in hand and I hope that the base has one of their professional photographers there too. As per tradition, I get to spray him with the fire hose and a bottle of Champagne. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about this. The clock is now ticking on his out processing and departure from Ellsworth AFB, SD.

My daughter has her solo today. She wanted to look extra special today (you should see the outfit she bought for this event- very nice) and I'm going to put her hair "up"...once she's finished drying it. I'm going to take some pictures of her once she's all dressed and her hair is done up.

You're going to be surprised with this next thing- believe it or not I managed to get a total of "4" Americana themed pillow cases made in just a couple of hours (that's an all time record for me) Oh and they are stitched in too! Although I do need to get the top stitching done, I want to do that using red,white and blue variegated quilting thread, I'll get that done today sometime. Isn't it amazing what we can do once we set our minds to doing something?

I managed to get half way through that horrendous pile of laundry yesterday. Now for me to work my way through the other half-ugh!

No comments: