INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Little House on the Prairie Blizzard

Alright, the winds woke me up earlier that I had planned to be awake. I looked out the front room (formal dining room) window and saw nothing but snow and blowing snow. There appears to be a huge snow drift up the side of one of my neighbors homes across the street from me, but the wind can whisk it away as quickly as it put it there. Soon enough the daylight will reveal what the storm has brought us. To me, this is the kind of thing that one would see on TV, it's what I like to call a Little House on the Prairie type Blizzard. You know, where Pa Ingalls would tie a rope from the house to the barn so he could hold on and not get lost in the blinding snow while he went out to milk the cows.
Laura Ingalls-Wilder wrote of bad winter snow storms back in the day before central heating, Tyvek house wrap and CanExel siding- and they made it through the storm just fine and so will we.

Once the sun rises hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures of what's been going on outside. I'm wondering how deep those snow drifts are in the road in front of our house and throughout our neighborhood. Time to make a call to the city for snow plows.

No comments: