INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

just when you thought that I was done purging...

I haven't purged anything for quite some time. So this morning I got this bug in my head to go through and clear out some stuff in our home office/ guest room closet. We had 4 boxes of framed portraits stored on the top shelf in the closet since we moved in here nearly 2 years ago.

My husband and I talked about how we felt about having pictures of people (family, our children, friends) and neither one of us wanted that huge spread of pictures on a wall anywhere in the house- so we put the boxes in the closet and that's where they stayed... until now. I'd much rather that those pictures be made into scrapbook layouts. So while I was still in my pj's, I took all down all 4 boxes and went through them popping out the photo's. I took out all but 3 pictures from the frames and put them(the photo's) in to acid free sleeves (for now), I decided to keep two 5x7 and one 8x10 frame and the rest (all 20+) are in a box marked DONATIONS. I will not look into the box, nor will anyone else in this family be able to retrieve anything from the box. That's been the golden rule and we've done good as to sticking to that rule.

My next big hurdle is the decision making on what goes into permanent storage for the next 3 years...Heaven help me with this one, LOL!

No comments: