INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's UFO time

I decided that it was time for me to get on the ball and get those UFOs out of the box and get to working on them to finish them. So for me, I spent the better part of yesterday pulling out old projects and assessing them. Seeing and making notations on how far into each project I was, what exactly needed to be done to complete them and put them into piles. Who would have known that I had so many uncompleted projects, LOL!

Lucky for me that I keep all of my UFOs (unfinished projects) in a Rubbermaid tote next to my sewing table. After I rummaged through it and made my assessments, I got to work. I managed to complete 2 tote bags and I finished ¾ of the "quilting" on my Americana Flag banner. I also managed to make quite the mess in the formal dining room too!

A note about working with the clear nylon thread- if you can avoid it don't work with the stuff! Talk about making me want to pull my hair out! The first time I ever worked with the stuff I said that it would be my last time. Well I still have that spool of thread. After a conversation with a friend who quilts, on her recommendation I bought another brand of nylon thread...trust me, it too was just as difficult to work with, nylon thread no matter what brand is going to be tricky to work with. I had made myself so frustrated with my project that I had to walk away from it. I will try my hand at at again this morning, it's my goal to get the quilting done and to get the rod pocket and the binding sewn on- today!

It's daylight savings time and I just set the clocks in the kitchen forward 1 hour...now to work on the rest of the clocks in our house. I've got clocks everywhere in our home...I just like knowing the time that's all.

No comments: