INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Things that make me laugh...

Here we are in an ocean of snow, hanging out until the nice people with snow plows and front end loaders remove the huge snow drifts from the roads so we can get a move on with our daily lives.

What am I doing at 3 am you wonder...well, I'm reading the closings and cancellations list and am laughing. So the school will open 2 hours late but there's no bus service...good one! Now HOW are those children who depend upon getting to school via the school bus going to actually get to school??? The chances that our roads will all be plowed and cleared 10 am are slim to none, LOL! Heck we're going to be lucky if they are cleared by 1 pm! There's a great deal of snow and it's going to take quite some time to clear it away.

I'll have to get the pictures posted of the snow then again it's been rather hard for me to be able to get computer time when ALL of my family members are home. The best I can hope for is that someone has to take a bathroom break, LOL!

The base has a military personnel call in- basically that means hang out at home too much snow has fallen and accumulated on the base, also that it's too dangerous to drive on the roads so stay HOME and don't risk your life trying to get here. Which means NO SCHOOL for the kids in base housing. Good thing I went grocery shopping on Sunday, these kids are eating me out of house and home!

Speaking of groceries...It's kind of funny how our house guest seems to know more about what's in my pantry than I do. Yesterday while we were all sitting down to dinner he put in a request for homemade pizza because he said and I quote "he saw that I had yeast packets, flour, pepperoni and pizza sauce in a jar in my pantry". I'm beginning to think that he's feeling a wee bit too comfortable here if you catch my meaning. Keep in mind that this is the same kid who was here last weekend and is the same teen that likes to add things that he likes to eat on my grocery list. I'm wondering if this kid really has a home OR is he just an orphan vagabond traveling from one friends house to another, LOL! Last week same as this week, this boys mother has not called here once to check on her son and he's been here since Sunday afternoon. This boy has been here with us so often that I feel as if I should call his mother and request money for child support, LOL!

Now to read the news for our local area and see how many stupid people got stuck in the snow after we were all told to stay home because it's too dangerous to be out and about since the roads and highways are CLOSED due to heavy snow fall amounts...this is always good for a laugh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's nice mom. xD
I think we should officially adopt our "house guest" since he's here so much. It's not a blizzard without him. Then we could get money! =D

Julia Dunnit said...

Send the Mom a ransom note!! I guess the true test of having him as a guest will come when he nends laundry work!!