INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, March 05, 2009

I love Stripping!

Here it is- my latest project, My Mary Engelbreit themed quilt top. I still can't believe that I did it in a day! When I first started quilting I started with fat quarter projects, not realizing that Stripping (that's what quilters call strip quilting) was really the way to go, LOL! I started with a Jelly Roll from Moda fabrics (that's a 2½ inch wide strip of fabric that's pre cut from an entire fabric line) and added from there. I'm quite proud of the fact that I used many more fabrics from my "stash". The quilt top is done in a simple 4 rail design that surrounds an adorable Mary Engelbreit panel depicting a little girl (who looks very much like my niece Isabelle) holding a flower and the sentiments "Friends are the Flowers of Life"- which is very true indeed! I changed a few things from the original pattern, I cut away more of the panel and added in the cute bumble bee fabric. I've been collecting ME fabrics for quite a while (at least 7 years) and was very pleased that I was able to use many of them while making this project. Of course some are not ME fabrics but I felt that they went along with the theme such as the yellow background bumble bee fabric, the green plaid you see all over the place, the green polka dots fabric, the green, blue and yellow checked fabrics. In all, I replaced 12 fabrics from the jelly roll from fabrics that I had in my quilting stash (many of them being ME fabrics you can no longer find). I'm quite pleased with the turn out! I'm going to say it (and you're going to laugh) I LOVE Stripping!

6 comments:

Jo Power said...

Beautiful. Well done xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. I admire your patience!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

YUMMY, i really love this, fabby!!!!

Jenny said...

Wow, impressive well done! x x

Julia Dunnit said...

It's gorgeous. Wow, what an achievement for a day! I imagine the recipient sitting under it and be as happy and comfortable as you hope.

Sandie said...

yeah, and that recipient is going to be ME! I give away so many quilts (and scrapbooks), this is one that I'm going to keep for myself :-)