INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I need a 12 step program

I told myself today when I went out that I was only going to buy 1 yard of fabric for backing a table runner and a couple of jumbo spools of thread...11 yards of fabric and 6 jumbo spools later. I think that I need to enter a 12 step program for quilting.

I've started this stocking up" thing because of my upcoming move to England. Everyone I talk to who has lived in England/Europe has told me these horror stories about how expensive everything is going to be and how hard it will be to find quilting or scrapbooking supplies. Well there are some things I want to have on hand and not have to wait 6 weeks to get- that would be thread and needles and of course cardstock and adhesive. I've got more cardstock than anyone would every need to have on hand and I'm just about done with buying thread.

Now for my surprise of the day...As I was parking my car at one of my favorite fabric stores there were signs on ALL of the windows- "Going out of Business" Sale, I suddenly felt very sad. My daughter and I love this store and they carry fabric selections here that the other shops don't and visa-verse. This is/was a great place to shop. So for those of you in Rapid City area that read my blog- get on over to the Fabric and Textile Warehouse...while they are still in business! I hope that the owner finds another store front to lease in the Rapid City area.

No comments: