INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A crap way to start the day

There's nothing quite like starting ones morning without WATER. Oh the phone calls I'm going to be getting once the rest of the neighborhood is awake. I sent out a mass e-mail to all of the homeowners (the ones I have e-mail addresses for that is) letting them know what's going on. I called public works and spoke with a sleepy gentleman...he was wide awake after I kept him on the phone for 10 minutes.

So out of the 5 people in this house right now, I have 4 who would like to take a shower this morning. Our teenage son was the smart one who took a shower last night. My husband will go to the gym- oh wait- all base services are closed. So basically, we're screwed over today. The guy from Public Works told me that he hopes to have us all with water by 3 or 4 pm- talk about unacceptable! I see myself being Ma Ingalls...getting a large soup pot full of snow and heating it until it melts down just so we can wash faces and hands. Just another side effect from the "blizzard".

My forecast for this morning- I'm going to have quite the crabby teenager daughter who will be having a major fit because she can't wash her hair due to the fact that we have NO water.

No comments: