INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, February 14, 2008

391 years of wedded bliss

Have you read that story yet...the one over at fox news.com about this group of siblings who have all been married 50 or more years? It's very sweet and I stand up an applaud them all! I read where one of them was quoted as to saying that they work every day at their marriage, and that the key is to over look things. I have to agree there, I know that a marriage is a lot of work.

Today as I was out t the base looking to buy a suitcase for our trip I over heard two young women talking about a friend of theirs how they were shocked to learn that their friend broke up with her boyfriend just 2 weeks after he left for Iraq. How they thought that they were in love and how their friend had said how much she loved this young man and would wait for him only to learn that she broke up with him. Not many women (and it goes for men too) can deal with long separations. You have to be strong in your faith and commitment to one another. Open communication is a must, being able to over looking those stupid little things that make others go bonkers is another key thing in a good marriage. I personally have dealt with long separations, I won't lie they aren't easy. But with the help and encouragement from friends and family I've made it through and will make it through yet another long deployment.

So tomorrow we embark on a family vacation, one where we will take many pictures of us doing fun things as we possibly can. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: