INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, February 01, 2008

Crafting projects

I've always been one that needs creative outlets. I've never been happy with just one source of creativity, I like to try new things. One of the first craft things I ever did was sewing, the 2nd was embroidery, not cross stitching but real honest to goodness embroidery. I can crochet but knitting is something that I have not yet learned to do. If you check out Hillary's blog (link to the left) she has started knitting and LOVES it! Once upon a time (a very long time ago) I had made some simple quilting projects. I know that I've stated that I'm afraid to get into quilting as- it's expensive, it's time consuming and highly addictive :-) What I don't want to do is to end up with as much fabric hanging around as I have cardstock and patterned paper.

So where am I going with this right? well yesterday while I was out I stopped by the Quilt Corral Too- Rapid City's newest quilting fabric store. Oh my gosh the excitement of seeing all of those beautiful colors and patterns ran through me like an electric current. I was raised onto my tip toes and smiling ear to ear. This is the feeling I get when I go into Archivers in the Mall of America, LOL! I've purposely avoided going into any of the quilting stores out here only because I know that I'd be instantly hooked! So with that thought, I'm going to go to the other 2 (or it it 3) quilting stores in town today. You see I bought a quilting pattern yesterday while I was at the Sewing Center (the store next to quilt corral too). Here's the pattern
it's called Bloomsbury Park, the colors they used to make this table runner are so rich and vibrant. I plan on making this for our buffet/sofa table. The colors mimic my Fiestaware and they make me think of Spring and Summer. I'm going out to look at fabric to make this project and will check into how much this little project of mine is going to set me back. I've made a promise to myself that I will not hoard fabric like I have done with scrapbooking supplies. That I will only buy enough to make my project and that's it!

No comments: