INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Deployments

Our dear neighbor Allen is leaving very soon for a long deployment. Please say a prayer with me for his safe return to his wife Cindy and their 3 children. I personally will be making sure to check on my dear friend near daily to see how she is doing and again to let her know that we (my family) are here 24/7 - if she needs anything she never needs to hesitate to call on us day or night!

I personally know all too well how hectic life in general can get- multiply it by 5 and that's what you get while your spouse is away on deployment. Have children? Multiply that number by 10. It can be rough at times, there's no getting around it. But with a strong network of friends there for you with words of encouragement, a shoulder to cry on (when you need it), an ear to listen to you when you need to vent your frustrations (need I add without judgment) and a hand to help without hesitation- you will make it through.

Most military spouses that I know have been through at least 1 deployment, but last year I found myself among a handful of senior spouses who have never had their husbands away for more than a week or two at most.

Please pray with me as I ask our Heavenly Father that he continue to bestow upon me the strength, wisdom, understanding and kindness of heart that is needed to give the kind of support needed to help our military families here at EAFB going through a deployment. Helping them to maintain a stable home life, work life and a social outlet for the entire family. Amen.

No comments: