INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, February 04, 2008

Here they are...pictures of my Scrapbook Nook

The view out of the front window today is a snow filled one. You also see my large wooden clothes pins holding up some layouts, my quote about Character, and some other odds and ends. Movie on the portable DVD player is Notting Hill.
Here's a better view of that corner of the room. That tall shelf is from Lowe's and it holds a lot...volume and weight wise. Behind my Wallace and Gromit toys on the top shelf are my empty waiting to be filled albums.
here are the 12x12 stack able drawers (purchased from Hobby Lobby), I've got oodles of stamps stored in them and about 3 drawers for layouts that are in the "works" or are finished that I need to photograph and then put into albums. Now for the bottom of the chrome rack...all of those albums you see. Those are finished albums. The rainbow of albums on the 2nd to the top of the chrome shelf, those too have many scrapbook layouts in them. The sad truth is that I create many more scrapbook pages/layouts than I share with others.
My shorter unit is actually the lower half of a gourmet bakers rack type thing (again from Lowe's). I love the heavy wooden top that came with it, makes for an excellent work surface. We sealed the wood to make it stain resistant and washable. You also see my green tote on wheels, it's my Cricut tote bag and I've had to put my Cricut in there since I've got my quiting stuff perched where my Cricut usually goes. Those are Cropper Hopper paper holders for all of my cardstock, love them! You can also see my Sizzix dies of various fonts and shapes. This little shelf can hold a lot!
Here's my new Janome Heart Truth sewing machine, I'm getting ready to sew on a few projects. You can also see my plug in strip, I can't tell you how convent it is having a power strip right there on the top of my counter top. No more trying to plug things into extension cords. I've got 2 large windows in this room, it's such a new concept for me over my last scrapbook nook - it didn't have windows...what it did have was the water heater and furnace, LOL!
Here is a side view, this is a VERY long counter top. My fluorescent light and it's cord coming down and plugging into the power strip. A side view of my Ott light, what a wonderful light it is too! You can also see last years school pictures of my children, my crazy ceramic parrots that my husband brought back from Bogota and of course a slight view of my Prima flower collection and some stamp pads.
I adore my dinosaur sign "Think Big", I got this little gem at the OSC Scholarship Auction last November. You also see my wrought iron shelf and little baskets (yes it's Longaberger stuff) and my Prima flowers. I adore Prima flowers and try to use them on most of my projects. For those just now meeting me, I'm all about flowers!The top of my plastic carts is another place for colorful storage. I love using those 1 gallon cracker jars (I got mine at Wal-Mart). They hold a lot more then you think they would and the price is under $5. I've got them filled with things like- spools of thread, ribbon, Prima Flowers, one with chipboard letters and another with chipboard shapes. The things you can put in them is endless.
Here's that front window again, to think that this scrapbooking space has 2 large windows (my last one was 4 feet wide by 10 feet long and NO windows). I can see the blowing snow and in the spring/summer months I'll be seeing blooming flowers and busy little bumble bees. You can also see my 2 big prize ribbons from last years state fair (Best in Show and Judges Choice). My magazines and idea books are weeded out on a fairly regular basis. Where the rack of thread is currently is where I usually perch my Cricut machine. And everyone needs a lava lamp in their scrapbook space, LOL! My Rolodex with my little index cards of inspirational quotes that I traded for while at CKU-Masters in Boston back in August 2006.

My latest find...the 8½x11 wire paper rack for my cardstock. I was surprised to find out that not all of my cardstock fit on this rack. That tells me that I need to stop hoarding and to get back to making cards! But seriously, this really is the way to go for me, it puts my cardstock right out there for me to use.
My McCormick Spice racks- what a terrific deal they were too! Plus they are perfect for holding all of my Making Memories paints. As you can tell, I have a "thing" for rainbows. You can see my paper and other items arranged in rainbows (I do the same thing in my kitchen). That cute green plastic basket I got over at Target in the dollar section. My daughter has some in a great shade of orange.
Here it is, the grand over all view. I am truly blessed with this wonderful space and I thank the Lord on a daily basis for my husband for whom without his help this space could not have come to light. The picture below, a fairly clean work area (for now).

4 comments:

Scrapsnbaskets said...

Oh I am so jealous of the space you have and the organizational skills you have! One day I will live in a home where there is space, or at least a home I can call my own and use that space however I want to. For now I am just happy to scrap outta boxes :-)

Sandie said...

It's all of those military moves that I've done over the years that has helped me to hone those organizational skills. And unlike my last "scrapbook nook" which was really and truely a "nook", this one is an actual room and ALL of my scrapbooking supplies, needlework supplies and sewing supplies are stored in this space. Before (in our tiny base house) I was using half of the closet space in my daughters bedroom, the entire linen closet and a couple of shelves in Andrews closet. Although it might not look like it, I have stream lined and condensed my stash of scrapbooking goodies, LOL!

BareFoot Finn said...

Every time I see this, I am still overwhelmed, but still I want to get my area done. Our house is too small for my own room, but I really want to get my craft desk area done. Not today though!

Sandie said...

You all need to look at my webshots pages and check out my previous "nooks", one was a card table in our formal living room (a room we never put furniture in), then there was the true nook...the utility closet. I shared the space with the furnace and water heater, it was 4 feet wide and 10 feet long. My husband was surprised how much stuff a place like that can hold ...when you get the wire shelving in there and those plastic carts on wheels the space is magically transformed and is no longer the utlity closet but your own little creative haven.