INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Winter winds

The violent winds woke me up a while ago. I could hear the chairs sliding around and banging into the deck railings. Amazingly enough the grill is still standing, having it anchored to the railings has kept it from falling over in the wind. My cat has been on my lap insisting that I hold her and pet her while I type - this is not as easy as it sounds, as the cat gets up and walks on the keyboard from time to time to stretch her legs.

The wind more than anything else scares me. It can whip up so fast out here, toss things through the air and cause more damage that one can ever think possible. I think about the tornadoes that have occurred down south and how homes and lives have been lost. It's amazing that something we take for granted every day like the weather can cause such horrible destruction and total devastation.

I know that organizations like the American Red Cross are on the scene, helping those folks out after such a disaster. If you don't know what the American Red Cross does, just click on the name and a link will take you to their site to tell you about their disaster services.

No comments: