INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, February 08, 2008

one more week...

Last night I was checking the weather for our cruise locations. Oh I'm so ready for 80º weather during the day and 75º at night. As I'm bundled up in flannel Jammie pants, a sweat shirt, heavy socks and a fleece blanket while I'm typing, LOL! I'm just missing a hot mug of coffee (4 am is a wee bit early for it- give me another half hour then I'll indulge myself).

The heat went out at the Thrift Shop yesterday, I personally would have closed the place but Heidi being the dedicated person that she is persevered. I hung out for 1½ hours and left, I couldn't take it any more. My hands were so red and they just ached. I was home a good 2 hours until my hands no longer hurt. I've obviously got issues with working in a building that's got an indoor temperature of around 40º to 45º. I'm a California girl that's been moved all over the USA. I yearn to be warm, to be near the sea and to lead a simple life.

2 comments:

BareFoot Finn said...

I don't like being cold either! But I would almost rather be cold than be up that early! LOL I am a night person, so, 3:55 is just too darn early when I practically just went to bed!

I hope you have fun on your cruise! I wouldn't mind getting a little heat wave. Although, I do want it to snow!

Sandie said...

I didn't care to be up and awake at that hour but alas I just "woke up" and could not get back to sleep.