INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Reorganization of my Scrapbook Nook

I want to be able to have a well organized scrapbook nook, one where I can work on all of my hobbies. I also want to be able to store all of my hobbies in this space. With that comes some rearranging and changing around of the space. We've been in this house for 10 months and it hasn't been until recently that I've even thought of storing my sewing machine in this space. I want to be able to create, sew, paint and everything in my craft room. But the more stuff I bring into it the more cramped it was feeling (and looking).

As I've written before, Scrapbook Lane in Rapid City, SD is closing it's doors for good. My dear friend (and partner in crime) Kim picked me up yesterday afternoon and off we went to Scrapbook Lane again...this time I went to look at something else...paper racks. I bought a tall standing 8½x11 heavy duty wire paper rack, this takes up much less floor space than my current 8½x11 paper storage system. To my total surprise, not all of my 8½x11 cardstock collection fits it it, LOL! That tells me a couple of things, first and foremost to stop hoarding cardstock and secondly that I need to be making more cards and fast!

So after I changed out my 8½x11 paper storage systems, I've decided to take out one of the tall 5 drawer carts on wheels. I'm going to put it in the office closet to store table linens (waste not want not). I'm reorganizing what I have stored in those drawers in my craft room. Pulling out all kinds of goodies looking at them and there's NO hemming & hawing for me, it's decide right there on the spot. If I don't have room for it or haven't used it in ages...out it goes!

I hope to post pictures by this afternoon of the new improved over all look and feel of my Scrapbook Nook.

No comments: