INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Things that make you go Hmmmm...

Once upon a time I owned an Olfa cutting mat. It was a large one that I used to cut fabric on a fairly frequent basis. Since moving to to South Dakota I thought that it was one of those casualties of moving that somehow "got lost or misplaced". So I set off in search of my elusive cutting mat a couple of weeks ago and to my surprise (and horror) I finally located it- it was in the garage underneath many bottles of motor oil. I think that my neighbors probably heard me utter the words (in a rather loud and annoyed tone of voice) "You've got to be kidding me" when I finally located the mat. One of the things that is stated on the cutting mat is to NOT expose it to extreme temperature changes. Hmmm, what is the garage but a place of extreme temperature changes, from 130º or more in the summer to zero and below in the winter. So as desperate as I am, I took the mat and scrubbed in the bathtub, I've used all kinds of cleaners on and and nothing is taking those nasty stains off it of nor is it taking off the crayon and ink doodles that someone other than myself put on it. Thank goodness that Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon this week, because I am going to get myself a NEW large cutting mat. Some days you just have to shake it off and get on with your day, LOL!

No comments: