INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Quilting...



Stepping into only the 2nd quilting store I've ever been to in my life... you know- the one I've driven past for almost 5 years for fear I'd be hooked for life on quilting. Remember how I found the other store so delightful, times that feeling by 10. Every lady in that store was charming, was ever so helpful and answered my questions with a smile. I could tell that they were happy with where they were working, indulging in a passion that has so many followers. I went in there to get a spool of nice quality thread and well the rest is history. I first saw a table runner that was hearts (it made my heart skip a beat), then there was the quilted heart wall hanging. Oh my gosh I wanted to make them both right there on the spot! After spending close to an hour Ooohing and Aaahhing in that quilt shop, I most certainly AM going to take a class at this place, it's fantastic!!! I bought another quilt pattern and name of it is cracking me up- its called "Cheese and Crackers" and I fell in love with it once I saw it! This quilt is made using fat quarters- I can do that, LOL! The pattern is by Atkinson Designs, click on the name and see what other designs they have, they're all very inspiring! The picture of the little fabric rainbow are the actual fabrics that I have picked to make this quilt. I'm making the lap size (start small dream big is my motto). I aspire one day to be able to make Christmas Quilts for every bed in our house.

No comments: