INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Getting ready for vacation

Hannah and I have started going through clothes, picking out what we're wearing on this Caribbean vacation. Seeing that it'll be in the 80's during the day and in the mid 70's at night...well one can only think of "summer" clothes. So we pulled out her summer clothes and went through what's appropriate for during the day and island excursions and then dinner wear. I'm starting the pick and choose thing too. What do wear on formal night and what to wear on non formal evenings. I love to dress up and I'm in heaven at the thought of dressing up for and entire week. Of course I'll be bringing casual wear such as Skorts and Capri pants and my pink Columbia sandals (I just love love love those sandals).

Hannah was so sweet, "Mom, we've got to co-ordinate out formal wear" I have to tell ya that matching her Black and White dress was pretty easy, LOL! It was finding something that looks well with that pretty spring green dress of hers. I think I've found it, a beautiful floral print skirt and I'll wear one of my more formal looking tops with it. I plan on getting in the sun every single day unless it's raining. I'll be in the pool right there with my kids having fun in the sun! Now on to shoes...I always want to bring my entire closet with me when I go on one of these trips. I need to tell myself that I can not have more than 4 pairs of shoes with me (not including what I have on my feet), LOL! Now my secret is out...I have a different pair of shoes for every outfit, now is the time to downsize...before I start packing my suit case.

Hannah has all of her clothes picked out and ready to be packed, the boy is on his way to getting to that point. The spouse, he likes to pack at the very last minute (he's always been that way). Hannah and I will have our stuff packed and ready to go by Tuesday at the latest, the guys, probably by Friday morning, LOL!

It's hard to imagine that in 1 week we'll be on board a cruise ship going to the Eastern Caribbean. I've got my swim suit, sun glasses, sunscreen and my flips flops...lets go!

No comments: