INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 27, 2008

Autumn and Creativity

Autumn is my favorite time of the year, granted I like summer a lot and am a summer baby but Autumn brings it all home for me. Leaves raked into piles -not here but in other states...here they've all been blown off of the trees yesterday and by now are all in Nebraska or Minnesota. Going out for walks in crisp Autumn air with the scent of wood burning in fire places. It makes me think of Sunday dinners where families get together and share the happenings of their week. I haven't had that in ages- this is the time of year when I really start to miss that sort of stuff.

Autumn is when my mojo really gets going and I create scrapbook pages like no one knows! There I am, tucked away in my cozy little scrapbook nook, looking out the window to see the leaves whirling around in the air. Feeling inspired to create pages from vacations and family outings. My darling husband did something for me that he's been saying for a while now...he put a computer in my scrapbook nook. So no more running up and down the stairs for pictures to be printed...I can do it all in one room! Life is indeed very good!

Christmas is right around the corner and I've got Christmas gift giving on my mind. I plan to make the majority of the gifts we'll be giving this year, be it stationary, note cards, my gourmet cheesecake, my gourmet triple chocolate brownies (these are hard to give away because they're lucky to make it past the entry to the kitchen) or a quilted item. I'm already half way there...I've got 14 table runner tops sewn and all they need it to be sandwiched and quilted- woohoo! I've got a few more card sets to create and some more stationary to make- these make wonderful last minute gifts for when friends stop by unexpectedly. I like to keep a handful of small items such as those under the tree for those unexpected occasions. I also like to keep plenty of mini cheesecakes in my freezer too!

The freezing temperatures and the 45 to 60 mph winds yesterday had me wanting to go through the storage area underneath of our stairs. It was a little disorganized but not much. I was able to get things put in their proper places, made the Christmas tree and the containers of Christmas decorations easier to access and the most important thing...I got my sweaters out from the storage area!

Even my daughter is feeling the Autumn air and the creativity it brings with it. I'm going to take a picture of her pumpkin and show you what she's made...this kid obviously has seen too many M. Night Shyamalan movies, LOL! I think that Mr. Shyamalan would be proud, LOL!

There's no school today but that doesn't mean that I'm not doing something. The Black Hills Quilters Guild is meeting today and is working on Project Warmth quilts-I want to go check that out. I plan on bringing Hannah with me, so she can meet these wonderful quilting ladies.

No comments: